The proposals for the redevelopment of Colosseum Retail Park include:
- Phase 1 includes 444 residential dwellings, plus up to 143,100 sqm of residential floorspace within the outline application
- Around 1,785 sqm of new retail spaces
- Around 3,729 sqm of new flexible workspace (including a work hub), targeted to small and medium sized business to help the local economy grow
- Around 288 sqm of community and leisure uses, including:
- doctor’s surgery
- In the outline application, around 1,600 sqm of flexible, non-residential floorspace
- Around 160 construction jobs supported in the construction sector, both on and off site, on average, over the constriction timeframe.
- Over 320 jobs on the site once complete
- A significant amount of public open space, including two new parks, equivalent to 65 tennis courts, and amounting to over a third of the site area
- A new travel hub where people can rent bikes and cars, plan their journeys on public transport, and cycling schemes to encourage a shift to more sustainable transport within the borough
If approved, the scheme will be delivered in phases. In the first phase in 2022, 450-500 homes will be built, and The Heart will be developed. The Heart represents public space at the gateway to the neighbourhood and is surrounded by commercial and retail space allowing for a variety of uses. There will be a curated programme of events, providing a broad scope of activities for residents, workers and visitors to participate in. The rest of the scheme will then be built out in phases as the other leases expire.